The greater Phoenix area is one of the nation’s and world’s great emerging 21st Century cities, and our community deserves a zoo that proudly represents the stature - “World Class Zoo for a World Class City”.
To achieve this goal, the Phoenix Zoo, for the first time in its 50 year history, is embarking on a full-scale Capital Campaign. The Zoo Board and staff have developed a Comprehensive Master Plan and capital funding strategy designed to implement a majority of the Master Plan by the end of 2013. The Plan will provide:
• Spectacular new and improved animal exhibits.
• A more compact footprint of the core animal collection that provides guests a more convenient, intense and interactive animal experience.
• Increased opportunities for fun and engaging educational activities that put children in touch with nature.
• A modern and adequately sized infrastructure to support the Zoo as it grows with the community over the next 50 years.
• State of the art amenities for guests.